domingo, 30 de março de 2008

To the Peter Pan of my life

Seven years ago, precisely, God gave me my Peter Pan. March 29th, the day our beloved city of Salvador reaches 459 years of foundation, my lovely Pedro gets to his 7th year of age. Can a father in this entire world be happier than I am? I doubt it! Pedro is my joy, my lighthouse, my little love, the living proof that makes me feel survived throughout this and, hopefully, many other lives to come. Pedro is my anchor, my harbor, my ocean. Seven years of age. How precious. But he's growing too fast, I think. I miss his baby days already. His first tooth, and now he's losing an entire bunch of them. Big teeth are coming in. My Peter Pan is leaving time behind. This is no good. I tell him: Why don't you stop growing, Pedro Pan? It's so lovely to be a child. Ah, dearest son, your imagination makes me fly with you! What's gonna happen when you come of age? Who's going to tell me all about Ben 10, Pokemon, Bob Sponge and the zillion Cartoon Network's characters? Oh, Pedro, be always my Peter Pan, no matter how tall you become, will ya? This father here has so many things to say, so much love to dedicate, so much... that it gets complicated to put that in words. My Peter Pan is now seven years old. On this day, his family is happier than ever. And we all wish Pedro seven times seven times many seven years forever and ever! God bless you, son!

8 comentários:

Leo disse...

Many happy birthdays to him! You make having a child sound, hmmmm solid. Universally grounding. Perhaps someday I will create some little star systems of my own. ;- )

Sávio Siqueira disse...

Thanks, Leo. And when it comes the right time for you, you'll see how wonderful being a parent, a real one, is.

Thanks for dropping by.

Sávio

AkuTyger disse...

Aw, seems like only yesterday he was so small when I met him.

Sávio Siqueira disse...

Yes, darling. Time flies. Look at Julian...
Um beijo,
Sávio

Suzane Taissoun disse...

Happy Belated Birthday to Pedro!! I remember the day he was born and how happy you were! It is fantastic to be a parent, isn't it? I thank God every little second for Marcelo, the love of my life. One day you will meet him ...
Love

Sávio Siqueira disse...

For sure, Cris. There is nothing better in this entire world. We are blessed, aren't we?
Sávio

Sushi disse...

Hey Savio! Let me introduce myself. My name is Sushi and I'm Yoko's son and Kyoto's nephew. My Mom was your student @ Acbeu in the Advanced Grammar class back in 1992. My Aunt Marcia told me about your blog, pretty interesting. My Mom likes it a lot. This post is just lovely. I also have a blog, but I write it in English. Eu tambem falo portugues mas minha familia por parte de pai e americana, por isso tenho que escrever em ingles. Parabens atrasadissimos para o seu Peter Pan e pra voce tb. My Mom says Hello and she's happy that she found you in this crazy internet world. Cheers!!

Marcia Torres disse...

Hey dear,
I just read your post and it really made me cry... I cry very easily, I know, but speaking about kids makes me feel more sensitive than ever.
My 2 kids are also growing too fast!!! And I can't stop the time: I have no tools or weapons to do it!!! I have to learn how to cope with this aging thing ... it's pretty difficult, but...
It's amazing how so little creatures can teach us so many things and we, adults, can learn from them.
Cheers!