sexta-feira, 7 de janeiro de 2011

Eat Pray Love; how interesting?

Just began leafing through Elizabeth Gilbert’s bestseller “Eat Pray Love”. To tell the truth, despite the worldwide success and so much raving about the book, I confess I was over reluctant to give it a chance. It’s summer in Bahia, my homeland, I’m on vacation, I decided to have a look at it. Well, the popularity of a lot of bestsellers reveals, in many ways, some type of art it doesn’t go with my spirits. Not for nothing do I reject a bunch of Hollywood movies that, in fact, enter our eyes, ears, minds, and hearts propelled by the ever-increasing shallow evaluation of the general media. After “Eat Pray Love” became a major motion picture, things got more even complicated under my literary screening process. I didn’t see the movie, but just by knowing Javier Barden, the great Spanish actor, was to play the Brazilian guy Gilbert met in Indonesia and married later, speaking a “macaronic” Portuguese, it indeed turned me off. But I set off to reading it. Finished a few pages this afternoon. She writes well, catches my attention and, the way she arranges the text is very interesting: 109 tales, the holy number of the beads of the japa malas, common strings people wear in the religious sites and Ashrams in India. Clever! She caught me! Let’s see what comes out of this journey. Will I eat, pray, and love with Elizabeth? We’ll see it!

Nenhum comentário: