segunda-feira, 11 de julho de 2011

Las chicas en Bahia

Here they are. The girls. Two strangers "destranging" Bahia, this land of all mysteries and gods. The view can't be a better one. Avinguda Contorno, where in Salvador, poverty and luxury meets and, at the same time, build up the social barriers which will never unite us. They come from different lands in order to be part of this astonishing mishmash called Bahia. The autumn sun is just saying goodbye to them. The night is about to fall. Silently, lights are on, the waters don't stop moving. It's the time to celebrate the night. Salvador, full of mysteries, a lady that welcomes anybody. Anna has just met the lady. Lucielen and her (the lady) are already good friends. Who wants to lose who? No one wants to leave. It's sad when we have to turn our backs to Salvador. Oh, this land, this sky, this ocean. We all leave our hearts here. No matter for how long we step our feet on this land. Salvador, the old lady, the Black Rome is here to welcome these lovely chicas. They make Salvador equally more interesting and brighter. They, las chicas hermosas, may leave, but they will stay. Salvador will forever be in their hearts. The lights, the cozy houses, the party time, the happy taxi driver. They go. Í stay. I hope we miss one another, until we meet again, in Salvador, or anywhere in the world. Salut, chicas. Go. Don't go! Salvador welcomes you! Salvador will not forget you. Salut!

Um comentário:

Lucielen disse...

Hi Savio!
so nice to see a picture of one of the good times I've had in this city so far... "The lady" welcomed me as a mother and I'll hardly forget these months I've spent here. This city is already part of my life and my own history. I'll take the learning I've had in this city for my whole life... I hope we'll keep seeing in Salvador or anywhere else in the world... I hope to get the time to know this "lady" and other "ladies" much better... I don't know what the future prepares for me, but one thing I'm sure of is that people like you, anna and all others I had the opportunity to meet here we'll be always kept in a special place in my heart, in my memories!!! Salut!