segunda-feira, 17 de dezembro de 2007

Vitória da Conquista-Work and fun!

A different weekend. An intensive weekend, trying to conciliate work and leisure. Just came back from this 'long' trip that, on a bus for almost eight hours, barely got me to middle of this country-state of mine called Bahia. I'm still a little sleepy, but I didn't want to let routine take over my time and refrain me from sharing my first impressions about this quick and warm experience with a great group of student-teachers from Vitória da Conquista (and various cities around it) I had the pleasure to work with. While many people complain about losing interest in their careers for the sole lack of challenge, meeting several public school teachers who have taken almost all their weekends in 2007 to pursue another degree and improve their knowledge in the area of language teaching, I can simply say that nothing we do in education will ever be in vain or useless. I was invited to go to UESB-Conquista to teach, but, in the end, I was the one who learned. I learned many things, especially that people still believe in education. Despite all problems, they are still hanging on there. Great weekend, guys!

3 comentários:

Prof. Sinézio disse...

What a pleasure to stay with and listen to a very generous man and a great teacher like you Master Sávio. And this meeting was even more special because we were able to end this year with "CHAVE DE OURO". We all know it was not easy, but we have just taken the best of our time together. Waiting for new opportunities of listening to you, Sinézio

Sávio Siqueira disse...

Thanks, Sinézio. For me it was a great pleasure to be in Conquista with you. I hope we can meet again.
Sávio

English for Students of Public Schools. disse...

Hey, hey, hey!!! It is a pleasure to me to let a comment in this blog, teacher. Well, it is just one thing: I would like to see the other photos of the group because I did not see me on this photo. Anyway, It was greate to be with you, acquiring knoledge and be a new person because of people like you! Thank you very much!